- Often overlooked and incomplete are the “about” sections. Be sure to fill in those descriptions and other important information with concise explanations.
- Need ideas for your blog? Follow a tweetchat within your industry.
- Remember the “social” part of social media. Overly self-promotion gets old.
- On Twitter? Get found by adding your Twitter profile to a few Twitter directories, such as Twellow, TwitterStates and WeFollow
- Do not follow or unfollow a lot of people in Twitter at once. Twitter may penalize you and suspend account for aggressive following.
- Save your sanity and use Hootsuite to manage your social media: Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Automation and scheduling posts is a terrific time-saver. Remember to pop in to your social networks and engage.
- Do include your keywords in social media posts.
- Make it easy for people to connect with you on social media and include those links in your email signature.
- Lastly, remember social media will not cure a fractured marketing plan or save your business.