We all have times when it seems as if we’re failing at everything. Businesses have peaks and valleys, marriages have troubles, and if you have kids, they bring another set of issues to the table. It’s easy to feel like you’ve been run over by the freight train called Life. Obviously, giving up is not an option – and since wishing away your problems doesn’t work, you’ll just have to start from the beginning again. So you keep going.
Easier said than done.
Sometimes a little bit of inspiration is all that’s needed to get back to that you-can-do-it feeling. Instead of the regular blog post this week, I thought I’d share some of our favorite inspirational quotes so you can look back on them the next time you’re having a crappy day. Select the one you find most useful and pick yourself up by the bootstraps and keep going. You can do this! (And when things get really hectic, get help.)
- Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box. – Italian Proverb
- Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible – Francis of Assisi
- Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. – Dennis P. Kimbro
- There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures. – Josiah Gilbert Holland
- Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. – Will Rogers
- Nurture your mind with great thoughts. To believe in the heroic makes heroes. – Benjamin Disraeli
- The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job. – Zig Zigler
- Look at the sparrows: they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment. – Mahatma Ghandi
- Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat the more you get. – Ray Kroc.
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. – Albert Einstein
- The harder I work, the luckier I get. – Thomas Jefferson
- If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. – Milton Berle
- Respond intelligently to even unintelligent treatment. – Lao Tzu
- The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new. – Socrates
- Have more fear of regret than of failure. – Jen Groover
- Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop. – Unknown
- If you fall, I’ll always be there. – The Floor
Hope you enjoyed some of these words of wisdom. If you know anyone who could use a little pick-me-up, feel free to share this with them.
As always, thanks for reading.
Until next time,